How to Create A Successful ICO Marketing Campaign Without Social Media
The internet and social media are changing the way users interact and communicate. This change is making an immense impact on digital marketing as well. Yet, within these last few years, this whole scenario has transformed. The industry is now greatly benefiting from blockchain marketing.
To understand blockchain, think of an excel spreadsheet. Like a spreadsheet, blockchain consists of numerous blocks. Each block consists of data and links to one another. Additionally, the stored data follows a specific algorithm. The algorithm is a mutual agreement that is made among users on what type of data can be stored. Upon reaching a mutual agreement, the users may not add, edit, or delete any data in any of the blocks. This is what prevents the stored data from being tampered with.
What are some of the ways in which blockchain can revolutionize marketing? The answer lies in some of its properties:
- Uniformity – No single individual holds all of the cards or in this case, all of the blocks. The exception is private blocks, such as those used in financial institutions like banks. Blockchain specifies wherein each participant in a block is responsible and it is aware of any transactions being made.
- Decentralization – There is no central hub for data storage in a blockchain. Each block validates data from the previous block. This facilitates the buildup of a strong network with no single point of possible failure. Additionally, the network protects itself against malicious attacks.
- Immutability – Once encrypted, the data within the blocks cannot be altered. This is the main reason why blockchains are highly secure and validate the authenticity of the data.
A new phenomenon among the blockchain community
Initial Coin Offering or ICO is a method through which startup businesses raise capital by trading their own coin for a cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency is a digital asset that works as a medium of exchange. It uses cryptography to secure financial transactions, to verify the transfer of assets, and control the production of additional units. Have you heard about Bitcoin? Well, Bitcoin is an example of cryptocurrency.
When it comes to ICO, a majority of investors find this method to be very interesting. This is because the returns are much higher than initial investment; but then again, so are the risks. If you want your ICO marketing campaign to be a success, you need to invest a lot of time and energy.
First things first, you have to gain the trust of your investors through a white paper. A white paper is an authoritative report that helps readers to understand an issue, solve a problem or make an informed decision. In this case, your white paper should provide detailed information relating to your ICO project. More specifically, you should mention your idea, your planning, as well as any legal aspects. Your white paper should convince your investors that your project is unique and stands out from competitors. Additionally, it should sway them on why they will get huge returns for your coins.
Normally, now would be the time when digital marketing comes into play. This involves creating an appealing website and promoting it through social media platforms. Yet, a majority of social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, have banned any form of advertising for crypto projects. Why? They claim that there are too many frauds and scams.
In one of our recent posts, we discussed the alternative social media that ICO’s should use. Let’s see today if you can really market your ICO project to new users and investors without social media?
Communicating a vision and passing it on to others
Let’s try something different. What are some of the ways in which you can create a successful ICO marketing campaign without using social media?
- Referral marketing – Referral marketing is a form of marketing that involves the promotion of products or services through referrals – usually word of mouth. It is an effective approach in which satisfied customers explain and convince new users to use a product or service.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) – Search engine optimization or SEO is a marketing discipline that grows the visibility in unpaid search engine results. Your marketing strategy should include an SEO-optimized website and an off-page link to build your online reputation. When performed appropriately, this strategy ensures continued visibility and viability of your ICO project.
- Podcast sponsoring – A podcast is an episodic series of digital audio or video files which a user can download and listen to. It is a great way to expose your listener fanbase to your ICO project and to grow a following. Podcast listeners are mobile and 93% of them are on social media. They are also the most loyal and engaged audience of a medium out there. This is why the value of sponsorship should not be underestimated.
- Press releases (PR) – A press release is a written or recorded communication directed at members of the news media. PR services intend to get the word out about your upcoming ICO project. There are multiple online press release websites, aiming to help you build a network of interested users and investors.
- Email marketing and newsletters – Email marketing is a form of marketing that involves sending out a commercial message, typically to a group of individuals, using email. Sending bulk emails and newsletters allows you to market your ICO offerings to all of your subscribers. Your emails may even reach some investors as well.
ICO’s are the feature of business
There is no denying the continuous growth of social media. It provides endless opportunities for brands and businesses to market themselves and to reach target audiences. Yet, with the aforementioned promotional methods, you can still advertise your ICO project and bring it into the public eye.
ICOs are a multi-billion-dollar industry. And nowadays, with the competition increasing, so are the limitations and regulations surrounding marketing ICOs. Your ICO marketing campaign needs to stand out and it needs to be seen by the right individuals. Remember, you only have one chance to make a good first impression.